Friday 23 November 2007

Anti Hit List


Canada's Toronto newspaper, 'The Star', features columnist's John Sakamoto's Anti-Hit List every week. It features his own top ten of alternative, sublime tracks some of which are album tracks, unsigned bands, mashups and remixes.

On November 17th John featured my own 'Mercy For The Scientist' from my 'Mercy Street EP' at number 8 in the chart. I have been featured a few times on the top ten before but not for a while so it was great to be mentioned again.

John described my mashup like this........"On which U.K. mash-up artist Bobby Martini works his recombinant magic on Gabriel's poignant "Mercy Street" by pairing it with Coldplay's simpatico "The Scientist" and the less obviously compatible "I just want real love" chorus from the early Pink single, "Most Girls." The alternately ethereal and full-bodied result does an admirable job of realizing Gabriel's "dreams all made solid" lyrics"

You can check the whole list here : http://www.thestar.com/article/276839

Thanks to Mr Sakamoto for the inclusion and I hope to be featured again soon.

Bobby

No comments: