Saturday 16 August 2008

Hoosiers vs Katy Perry - "I'm Worried I Kissed A Girl Called Ray" - Mashup


This was one of those mashups that came together quite quickly (whereas others can take weeks and even months). There are a number of Katy Perry mashups out there at the moment and some you may prefer (especially DJ Fac's which is nothing short of excellent) but try this one anyway - it won't take long - it's just under 3 mins !
.
Hoosiers "I'm Worried About Ray"
Katy Perry "I Kissed A Girl"
.
"I'm Worried I Kissed A Girl Called Ray"
.
You can download for free @ http://www.bobbymartini.co.uk/ on mashups page 8
.
Thanks
.
Bobby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame that you don't receive more feedback.

I'm a musician myself but I couldn't care less about those 'DJ things'. In my opinion, 90% of these so called musicians have never heard about music theory or even basic harmony. But then I heard this track from DJ Fac you're talking about, and I was so pleasantly surprised that, for several days, I checked for different mixes from this same song (easier to compare that way).

I listened to hundreds of differents tracks. A lot of them were really awful. Then I stumbled upon your website, and there's no need to go further. From the first seconds, when I heard you modified the pitch of some of the notes of the melodic line from the first song to fit the chord of the second song, I knew you were good. At the end of your composition, I knew you were very good. I don't know if you're well known. And I know nothing about those 'DJ things'. But what I know, after hearing hundreds of those remixes and bootlegs, is that you're one the best. You know how to compose music and it shows. Not only that, but you know how to compose GOOD music. If you didn't do it already, please give a try to real composition.

Again, that's a shame you don't receive more feedback. People are dumb.

Thanks for your work. And sorry for my bad english.

Philippe from Belgium.

Bobby Martini said...

Hi Phillipe

Thanks for the comments and no need to apologise for your English - it's a lot better than my belgian mate !

I appreciate your comments a lot and thanks for taking the time to make them.

I have tried composition in the past but I unfortunately suffer from a lack of good software and keyboards at the moment but it's something I intend to do in the future.

If you ever want to email me you can get in touch via bobbyslounge@hotmail.co.uk

All the best

Bobby