Monday 10 September 2007

I'm Not Retiring !

Over the past few days a couple of websites have reported that I am no longer producing mashups and I have retired from the scene. This is not true, however this mis-information is largely my fault and I feel I should explain what has happened.

On various forums I recently posted a thread to my recent Jamelia v Cameo mashup. One of the lines read : "My last mashup ("
This should have read - "My last mashup (for at least a few weeks due to holiday and other commitments)"
Unfortunately, half way through typing my post I was interrupted by a visitor and genuinely forgot to finish the sentence. I clicked the 'publish thread' button and that was that.

I knew nothing of the repsonse to this because I have also had problems with my email account, my ISP and my web server.
A good close mashup friend phoned me to ask "what the hell is all this last mashup about" - and I didn't have a bloody clue what he was talking about !

Add to this some recent changes to my facebook profile - which were meant as 'in' jokes for close friends and family members and the whole thing has blown up without me knowing much about it.

The simple fact is I am not retiring - however, due to some recent surgery I have to take some time out as my health is not at it's best. I am going to re-charge my batteries in America for a couple of weeks, record a 'secret' project whilst there and hopefully return refreshed and ready for some exciting months ahead. In view of this I won't be releasing any new material for some time.

I am sorry for any confusion, upset or puzzlement this caused. None of it was deliberate and it was not done as a stunt. Just a simple case of mis-communication - most of it caused by me, with no thanks to my useless ISP and email providers !!!!!

I hope this clears things up.

Thanks

Bobby

5 comments:

Simon Iddol said...

That is a weird story :)
But with a happy end ;)
Get well, get strong and come back stronger than ever !!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha!! fucking classic!

enjoy the hols buddy!

Jez said...

heheheehe = i knew we'd tempt you back.

You can never leave..... Mashups for da life and bizznizz.. or something.

Unknown said...

Hi mate

I'm glad you've now updated everyone on the situation. Enjoy your break my friend.

Scott

ApolloZero said...

What happened made like you are a celebrity or Paris Hilton and was misquoted and misunderstood and ended up in the gossips column!